Saturday, January 7, 2012

Wild Card predictions

This week is wild card weekend for the NFL. Today is the first Saturday that I have had off for almost 4 months, so I am currently sitting on my couch, drinking some coffee, and watching sports center. As I was thinking about this years playoffs, I was reminded of what a tremendous predictor of sports events I am. For example, the first year that Gonzaga was in the NCAA basketball tournament, I picked them to go to the sweet 16 and lose. It played out exactly the way I said it would. In a NCAA championship game between Memphis and Kansas, I predicted almost play for play how the last minute and a half would pan out. My friend Andrew just could not believe what was happening, and shouted that I was a prophet throughout the college dorm rooms. (I make no claim to prophetic gifts, by the way, see Deuteronomy 18:20) Also last year, I boldly said that if Green Bay made the playoffs, they would win the Super Bowl. They did. So I wanted to try my hand again at this years playoffs and see if my luck... err, i mean talent continues.
 First matchup today: 4:05pm Cincinnati vs. Houston
I like Cincinnati because I like Andy Dalton more than TJ Yates. The Texans just seem to be limping into the playoffs and I think Cincinnati has more momentum.
8:05 New Orleans vs. Lions
I like New Orleans. They are just tops strong for the Lions. THe lions D is awful and Brees will expose them.
Sunday's games:
Giants vs. Atlanta
Giants will win because Victor Cruz has a sweet touchdown dance.
Steelers vs. Broncos
Steelers will win because they are the Steelers and Brett Keisel has a sweet Yukon Cornelius Beard.



Looking ahead to the rest of the playoffs I will not predict every game, but will provide some more bold predictions.
Both top seed in the NFC will lose and New Orleans will advance to the Super Bowl.
While it pains me to say it the Ravens will win the Super Bowl.
Well, let's sit back and see what happens. Hope all of my loyal followers have a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment