Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Lesson from Talby

    Another week, another Talby Tuesday. Sorry to all of my loyal followers, that I did not get any other posts since last Tuesday. I guess it was just a busy week. For today's post I want to talk a little more about Talby and football. Specifically how Talby is the best team mate anyone could ask for. I say that because Talby always did what was best for the team and he honestly was so happy when his friends did well. Talby's natural position was Linebacker, but because of team needs, he switched to play offensive guard. This was a sacrifice, but Talby gladly accepted his new role. His selflessness resulted in reward for me because that meant that I got to be in the huddle with the neck roll.

Talby after a TD.... no homo. 

Offensive linemen are supposed to be blocking people at the line of scrimmage, but somehow Talby was always the first person to help me up or celebrate with me after a touchdown no matter how far down field I was. If it was a 10 yard gain, Talby was there. If it was a 30 yard gain, Talby was still the first one I saw. It seemed like a magic trick. Either he didn't block anyone, or he just lumbered like a black bear down to the end zone before anyone else.

Talby celebrating again with Bro

But in all seriousness, that is one of the many things I love about Talby. He is always happy for his friends and is always there if you need him. While today's post might not be as ridiculous or funny, I felt that it was necessary in order to show all sides of Talby. A great man, teammate, and friend; Talby is a great example to all of us!

"The better part of one's life consists of his friendships." Abraham Lincoln



No comments:

Post a Comment