Monday, July 9, 2012

Fading Glory update!


I apologize to all my fans (Heidi) for the blogging slump but am proud to provide you with my first update of my summer physical fitness goals. In case you forgot, I am out to dunk, run a 4.7, and lift 275 pounds. I decided to go after it one goal at a time. So here is a clip of me trying to dunk. As you can see I do not succeed, but I feel like I am pretty close. Also I am wearing like these weird adidas skater shoes that my wife picked up at the consignment store. I feel like if I was wearing real basketball shoes I could have made it. After all of these attempts (There were about 10 or so) I left feeling like I had pulled my groin muscle. While it was funny, it was yet another reminder of my feeble and frail physical state. I am out to try again today and will start doing some sprints today. So stay tuned for more fading glory updates. I expect that my next one will be a successful one.

1 comment:

  1. Really enjoyed the fading glory update and the personal mention too! I’m really interested to see how you do. Back in high school I could run a pretty fast mile and sprint as fast as anyone else on my team. I have always believed that I could attain those glory days again if I really pushed for it. However, I find that I have never been motivated to push myself toward those goals again. I know fading youth is a factor, but I wonder how much not having the rest of the team to compete with or a coach screaming at you to hurry up factors in. I’ve always been a performance based person, so competition and spectators can motivate me beyond what I thought were my limits. I noticed in one of your blogs you mentioned you were pretty competitive with your friend Andrew in sports and I guess I’m wondering how not having a team or someone to compete against affects your motivation for your fading glory goals. Do you feel sufficiently motivated to push toward your goals or do you think it would be a lot easier if you had a little friendly competition?

    ReplyDelete